The fourth generation X1A3 comes with a number of improvements to the best selling X1 family of packs. With patent-pending Ripcord Tether & Quickdraw Backscabbard, this awesome all-around daypack has legions of hunters who swear by it.
- Big tubular front pockets that form a stable cradle for your bow.
- Centerline rifle scabbard. Improved, wide tapered profile scabbard holds all types of long guns, from Shotguns to ARs.
- Improved Ripcord Bow Tether provides excellent stability for bow carrying, and allows you to remove your bow while wearing the pack.
- Full-depth spotting scope pockets.
- Gossamer polycarbonate framesheet, providing more support and better suited for packing heavier loads. The frame is interchangeable with our tubular aluminum Intex II frame, so you can customize the fit and function of the pack to meet your personal preferences!
- Vertically adjustable shoulder harness.
- Total Volume: 1,500 c.i. (c.i. does not include scabbard volume)
- Weight: 5 lbs 13 oz
- Dimensions main bag: 22"h x 11"w x 9"d
How To Properly Fit And Adjust Your Pack
Love the latest version of this pack. Had an X1A1 but currently own a Gunslinger II and a Gunrunner. I bought this for my son and we like the larger outside tube compartments which replaced the smaller triangular pockets on the original. The size of the pack is ideal for a wide variety of hunting, hiking or day trip activities. I have my Gunrunner for small applications and my Gunslinger II for larger loads. For most hunting and hiking activities I need, the X1A3 would fill the requirements of both. It can be compressed almost flat for small loads while still packing a rifle or carry a couple days of provisions between the main compartment, tube pockets and bottom pouch. The design allows easy access to the main compartment, tube pouches or lower lid at any time without having to move a top lid or disconnect straps. The main compartment zipper crosses the top and extends part way down each side making a wide opening for easy access. As with all Eberlestock gun scabbards, when not needed for a firearm, the tail can be folded in and the space used for anything from clothing to a laptop. All in all I think the X1A3 is an ideal all around size and design for a wide variety of hunting, outdoor or even suburban outing applications.
This back pack is one of a kind.