- Low profile Intex II frame
- Laser-cut MOLLE panel
- Plush padded shoulder harness
- Floating lid that doubles as a removable fanny pack go-bag
- Quick drain bottom for amphibious operations
- Spade shape zipper front for quick access
- EMOD / Hookup compatible
- Lifetime manufacturer's warranty
- Total Pack Volume: 3,100 ci / 51 Liters
- Dimensions of main compartment: 21.5" x 12" x 12"
This is my third Eberlestock bag. Great bag just like my other two. still the only brand I will buy. Quality products, great company.
This review is based off of a three hour trek with approximately 40 pounds.
-Super comfortable pack. Between the support offered by the frame and the thick padding you would be hard pressed to find something more comfortable.
-There is enough room in this pack to hold anything you need for several days and adequate pockets to organize everything.
-The storage in the top pouch is amazing and broken into several compartments. The main pocket on top is extra large. Then there is a small pouch with an internal clip to secure keys and such. The third pouch on the top compartment is perfect for folded maps.
-The zip front or draw string top access is great depending on what you are packing and the amount you are packing.
Cons: There are very few but they make a world of difference.
-The top pouch is removable and as such the clips are in a horrible spot. Even when tightened to the fullest they don't keep the pouch directly over the draw strong opening and as such would allow rain to pool on the top and into the bag. The clips simply need to be removed and sewn further down the
back of the bag in order to keep them from pulling sideways or allowing the top pouch to pull so far down the front. For a $400+ bag I would expect a much better design then this.
- Customer service was absolutely horrible. I ordered my bag on a Monday. I received the Bag Saturday and that same day saw a special. Spend over $400 and receive a free dagger hydration pack $129 value. I called and requested that the special be honored to me since I had literally just received my pack the same day. They refused to honor the special for the purchase that I made only days prior to the start of the special.
Overall: I am disappointed but would purchase again. I will remove the back clips for the top pouch and have them sewn further down the back to create a better fit on top. That will make this a 5 star bag. Just frustrating that it is needed after spending over $400 on it. Customer service gets a 1 star.
Great high quality product.
The pack, a Tomahawk, is extremely well made. Not even comparable to my modified lrg Alice pack I've used for ages, and even beats out TT Malice packs I've carried. Only complaints are the plastic buckles on the shoulder straps, and the fact that Eberlestocks "mil. Green" is different from every other manufacturers green. Small complaint, but my horde of various green pouches look odd on this pack. Great pack, worth the money.
This is my first hiking/rucking pack. The build quality is outstanding. The fully adjustable padding and shoulder straps are very helpful to achieve that perfect fit. 10/10 and have already recommended it to friends.
Great pack. Large but not too big! Made it my truck bag. Helmet straps in perfect right on top.
As an 11B I can deeply appreciate the modular design of the Tomahawk. I can adequately say that I have never had an issue fitting all of my gear for the field.
Great pack. Fits comfortably and has more space than I know what to do with right now. Looking forward to the next camping trip I have.