The Lost River Mountains in Idaho are some of the steepest and biggest base-to-summit peaks in North America. Not to be taken lightly, the Lost Rivers offer breathtaking views and tough climbs. This jacket was inspired by the technical ascents and backcountry trails of the Lost River Range.
Offering the best in class wind/water protection for amid weight jacket, this featherweight piece should be a staple in every kit. Featuring 80gm Primaloft insulation, packable into its inside-chest pocket, breathable, and touting a superior warmth-to-weight ratio, this jacket is built to perform. Two over sized fleece lined hand pockets are high enough to allow you access while wearing a pack with a hip belt. Whether it is on the Alaskan Tundra or the alpine of New Zealand, you won’t ever want to leave this at home. Rely on the Lost River jacket so that you remember the experience and not the elements.
**We recommend buying one size larger than your usual jacket fit**
After using this jacket on a muzz elk hunt which went from 10 below to unseasonably warm weather, here's my take on the lost river.
First the positive points:
1. If you're glued to one spot glassing in the wind or walking around on level ground the jacket is great. It stops the wind very well and keeps you warm.
2. The pockets and basic layout of the jacket are well thought out and user friendly.
Now the not so positive points:
1. I usually take an XL in all my hunting gear but I followed Eberlestocks advice and went one size larger. Even with an XXL the arms a little tight and I'm not Popeye by any stretch.
2. They claim, like everyone else, that the material is breathable but I'm going to challenge that notion strongly. If you're hiking hard, you're going to be extremely hot and sweaty very quickly and it does not wick out and go away!. Furthermore the insulation takes a long time to dry out once it's wet.
3. This is perhaps a small point but I feel the material is a bit noisy when it's very cold
I've been an Eberlestock junky for many years and I swear by the quality and functionality of their products. Sadly, I feel this jacket is not up to their usual standards especially when you factor in the high cost.
Love the jacket
I also purchased a bino carrier and it is horrible
This jacket will be your go to jacket for all things hunting wet or not! Would definitely recommend to any one looking for a great jacket.