- Pack Volume: 2,600 c.i.
- Scabbard Volume: 500 c.i.
- Total Volume: 3,100 c.i.
- Weight: 6 lbs 8 oz
- Dimensions main bag: 23"h x 11"w x 9.5"d
- Scabbard Dimensions: 34"L x 10"W x 2"D, with a 24" circumference opening
Nice pack overall – room for improvement?
I looked at reviews for many months before going with this pack. I knew I wanted something that had the ability to carry a rifle and access it while still wearing the pack. I wanted something that also and exterior room for packing out. Reviews were very good on this pack and I even looked at one in person several times at Sportsman’s Warehouse. I also wanted to test the removal of the frame for cleaning purposes. I will say removing the frame and putting it back in is quite a job. Overall, I am happy with the pack and the quality of the materials used. One thing I really like about it, is the ability to carry two long guns. One fits in the scabbard and another can rest in the bow carry pouch while strapped in on the barrel. It was a major want to have the ability to carry two long guns for me and a major reason why I went with this pack. Now I can bring two guns if going on a hunt with various needs or help carry someone else’s rifle.
• Nicely built
• Overall good size
• Ability to carry two long guns if you had too
• Sits upright fully loaded on the ground!
Revisions to consider:
• Make the frame extend about three more inches out from the pack at the bottom. With the pack full you don’t have a “shelf” left for meat.
• The lower portion of the frame needs a rubberized coating to prevent scratches from rocks when sitting on the ground
• The lower portion of fabric that goes over the frame could use some extra protection for the long haul
• I would like to see a slight, like 5-10% increase in the inside of the pack
• The zipper at the outside of the scabbard can be folder over, great. The one on the inside sits there and could rub the finish of a nice gun.
• Wish it came with a rain fly for the price point.
• Would be cool if it came with an Eberlestock sticker
• The fit on me is not great. I have many large backpacking packs with many miles of use and I have never had a pack rub me raw like this does. The waste strap left marks on my hips for two days after a quick 6 mile hike.
• The shoulder straps also need to be either adjustable with the ability to be brought in closer together at the top of the pack. They sit out a bit wide and uneven. I had my friend and woman try the pack on and the shoulder strap on one side was way off on each of us. The are far enough apart that when you put the sternum strap on it folds the top of the straps in. I’m 5’9 155lbs.
• If I were any skinner the waste straps would not go tight.
• When the inside of the pack is fully loaded the scabbard is very tight. Don’t plan on your scope caps for this and be ready to take the pack off to reinsert the rifle into the scabbard.
• As far as I can see it is made overseas.
This pack is an amazing product!
First team elk pack had lasted years but I broke the pack so needed another great packs
I have uses this pack for about everything I can think of using it amd it has done amazing even when the pack is full. I was still able to put my bow or my rifle on it with easy carry plus, it fits all my other accessioryies in it as well knives, axes... The fabric its self is also very durable amd very pleased with this pack
Best back pack hands down I use it for everything. If it ever wears out I’d buy another and another. Simply awesome