- Wind/water protection
- Superior warmth-to-weight ratio
- 80gm Primaloft insulation
With Airbase’s big air pockets, you have nothing contacting the majority of your skin surface, while adjacent polypropylene wicks moisture, so you always feel dry and warm.
EARLY SEASON LAYERS:
Designed for a close-to-the-body feel with a four way stretch material that won’t hold you back.
With a water resistant, yet-extremely breathable membrane and 4-way stretch, mid weight layers provide excellent warmth-to-weight ratio to keep you comfortable without weighing you down.
Technical, versatile, lightweight, and built to last. Made of 4-way stretch polyester with a DWR finish, providing a close riding, athletic fit with a cut that gives unrestrained freedom of movement.
COLD WEATHER GEAR:
Featuring 80gm Primaloft insulation, packable into its inside-chest pocket, breathable, and touting a superior warmth-to-weight ratio, Eberlestock cold weather gear is built to perform.
Four-way stretch fabric with a 40K+ breathability rating and 20K+ waterproofing will keep you dry when it rains -- and will not cause it to rain condensation inside the jacket when you are climbing up a mountain.
After using this jacket on a muzz elk hunt which went from 10 below to unseasonably warm weather, here's my take on the lost river.
First the positive points:
1. If you're glued to one spot glassing in the wind or walking around on level ground the jacket is great. It stops the wind very well and keeps you warm.
2. The pockets and basic layout of the jacket are well thought out and user friendly.
Now the not so positive points:
1. I usually take an XL in all my hunting gear but I followed Eberlestocks advice and went one size larger. Even with an XXL the arms a little tight and I'm not Popeye by any stretch.
2. They claim, like everyone else, that the material is breathable but I'm going to challenge that notion strongly. If you're hiking hard, you're going to be extremely hot and sweaty very quickly and it does not wick out and go away!. Furthermore the insulation takes a long time to dry out once it's wet.
3. This is perhaps a small point but I feel the material is a bit noisy when it's very cold
I've been an Eberlestock junky for many years and I swear by the quality and functionality of their products. Sadly, I feel this jacket is not up to their usual standards especially when you factor in the high cost.
Love the jacket
I also purchased a bino carrier and it is horrible
This jacket will be your go to jacket for all things hunting wet or not! Would definitely recommend to any one looking for a great jacket.